23.10.06

2 is better than 1

Posted Date: 04 Sep 05 Sunday - 11:28 AM

I went food shopping last week. Among other things, I purchased an eggplant with the plan to make fried eggplant with spagetti. YUM!
So, I sliced it, and breaded it, and I realized there was alot of eggplant. Too much for 1. So, I put the rest in a plastic container, in the refrigerator.
My dinner was tasty.
The following day, I decided to eat more eggplant, because I hate to waste food. So, I didn't buy any bread, because it goes bad too fast when there's only 1 person to eat it.
As a result of being without bread, my plan for a second evening of eggplant, but with a twist (parm) was shot..
In the end, I had the same dinner, with spagetti.
My dinner was good.
Today, I still had eggplant left. One serving.
I went food shopping again. I decided to make a stir fry. I thought it would be yummy to add some beef. But, all of the packages were too large for 1 person. And I really don't like to reheat beef, it's inevitably well done and chewy. So, I passed it up.
I got home, and put away my veggies and brie. I fed the birds.
You may be surprised, but....
I decided to eat the eggplant anyway. I hate wasting food! What!? So, I dropped the pasta all together. I ate it with a slice of cheese melted on top and sauce, with a slice of bread.
My dinner was OK.
BUT... my point, is that I wish I were still shopping for 2. Because 1 just plain stinks.

No comments: